“Vaigai Ratham” – Newly introduced Jnnurm SLFs @ Madurai.
TNSTC-MDU got around 300 SLF buses through JNNURM. they were both AL SLFs and TATA Marcopolos. Madurai city had around 170 AL SLFs already. All were replaced with these new Vaigai rathams. Around 10 old SLFs are still running.. Fares are same as the existing SLFs
Regno started with TN58 N 1433(AL SLF) in Route 48P and the latest i have seen is TN58 N 1767 Marcopolo.
Leyland SLFs were introduced with digital boards, Automatic doors. They came with white and blue liveries. To my surprise all the AL SLFs were built by IRIZAR TVS.
Marcopolos were introduced for the first time in madurai. Marcopolos came with orange and blue liveries. One yellow livery was also introduced. None of the marcopolos have digital boards. I donno whether they will fit it again or not.
Blue color marcopolo in the route C3
Since AL SLFs were already running for 2-3 yrs in most of the routes in madurai city. So nothing special about them, I just put up the marcopolo routes. If you plan to visit madurai, you can have a glimpse of marcopolos in the below routes.
1. 48AD – Arapalayam –> Thirumangalam via Bethaniapuram(Gurutheater), Palanganatham, TPK, Thirunagar
2. 48 – Arapalayam –> Thirumangalam via Periar Nilayam
3. 22A – Thirunagar –> Pudhur
4. 22 – Thirunagar –> Thapal Thanthi Nagar
3. 14 – Thirunagar –> Anna nagar
4. 14B – Thirumagar –> Matuthavani via Anna bus stand
5. 5AN – Thiruparankundram –> Anna nagar
6. C1 – Arapalayam –> Arapalayam via sethupathi school, Periar, Bye pass road
7. C2 – Arapalayam –> Arapalayam via Bye pass, Madura college, Periar, Sethupathi school
8. C3 – Mattuthavani –> Mattuthavani
9. C4 – Mattuthavani –> Mattuthavani
10. C9 – Thiruparankundram –> Thiruparankundram via Pasumalai, Periar, Avaniapuram
11. C10 – Thiruparankundram –> Thiruparankundram via Avaniapuram, Periar, Pasumalai
12. 44 – Periar –> Alagarkovil
13. 55U – Periar –> Usilampatti
14. 42Q – Periar –> Odaipatti via Karupayurani
15. 75 – Periar –> Melur via Court, Mattuthavani, Othakadai
16. 4 – Arapalayam –> Viraganur Sutru Salai via Periar, Therku vasal, Theppakulam
17. 71 – Periar –> Vadipatti via paravai, Samayanallur
18. 77B – Arapalayam –> Mattuthavani via Simmakkal, Goripalayam, Court.
19. 3/3D – Palanganatham –> Mattuthavani via periar, Simmakkal, Anna BS.
20. 19M – Alagiri Nagar –> Mattuthavani
22. 4J – Mattuthavani –> Anupanadi -> Same fleet running in 14B is used for few trips.
23. 49 – Thirumangalam –> Pudhur
24. 48AT – Arapalayam –> Thirumangalam via bye pass.
Eventhough i noted down the regnos of the fleets running in the above routes. No route details are mentioned in the side mirrors. So they keep on changing the fleets between routes. Because of this i didnt mention the reg nos of the marcos here.
Intercity “Vaigai Rathams”
AL SLFs were introduced in intercity routes like
Few marcopolos were running in intercity routes like Madurai-Coimbatore. They were introduced in this route specifically because TNSTC-CBE introduced marcos in this route(But TNSTC-CBE runs with Digital boards :))
More visuals now..
White colored AL SLF
Blue colored AL SLF in the route 48AT. Route 48* renamed to 48AT
Slightly modified dashboard compared to the old AL SLFs
Controller which handles the digital boards in the new SLFs.
An Orange Marco in the route C4
Side view of the Orange Marcopolo with JNNURM logo
Now a Blue colored Marcopolo
A Marcopolo staff bus @ Periar BS
An intercity JNNURM in Madurai-Sivakasi route