September 3, 2013 2 Comments
North-South dominated the total routes operated by TTC.. In this part-4, lets see about the routes that were operated towards West..
Many routes on the below lists are not operated by present day SETC…
- Madras-Paramathi Velur
- Madras-Yercaud – Good to know this route..
- Madras-Ooty via Sathy
- Madurai-Coimbatore, Madurai-Salem, Cumbum-Coimbatore, Sivakasi-Coimbatore is no more..
- Madurai-Nellai route maintained almost same frequency as mentioned in the route now also..
- Tuticorin-Coimbatore was via Dindigul, Dharapuram and now it is via Palani, Pollachi and Night service is via Dharapuram.
- Marthandam-Coimbatore, Kanyakumari-Coimbatore/Ooty routes were via Palani, Pollachi and now almost all buses goes via Dharapuram.. Marthanda-Coimbatore has one bus via Tirupur too.
- Surprised to see 10 buses in Kanyakumari-Coimbatore route..
- Almost all buses were towards Coimbatore and just one route to Ooty..
- Trichy-Coimbatore, Coimbatore-Pudukottai is now completely gone and now handled by TNSTCs.